TEAM Panels International can assist in achieving LEED accreditation for a building structure. With respect to the LEED program's Materials and Resources (MR) Credit 4.1 and 4.2, Recycled Content, all Aegis truss materials and accessories are produced from 61.2% recycled steel, comprised of 53.2% post-consumer recycled content and 8% post-industrial recycled content.
In addition, depending upon the specific project location, opportunities may exist for credits under the Materials and Resources Credit 5.1 and 5.2, for Regional Materials. Innovation in Design credits (ID) have also been given on TEAM Panels' projects in the past.
Why TEAM Panels and Cold-Formed Steel are Green?
- Cold-formed steel is made from up to 90% recycled material
- This can be recycled and reused in the future -steel is the most widely recycled material in the world.
- Steel has the highest strength to weigt ratio so less material is required to carry the same structural load. Wider stud spacing and varying material thicknesses can lead to a lower construction cost of as much as 20% compared to traditional concrete and structural steel systems.
- Lighter structure above means less concrete at the foundation.
- There is greatly reduced jobsite waste. According to the United States Green
Building Council and other sources, construction waste accounts for 65% of the
landfill content. Our approach with pre-fabricated trusses and panels can help to
greatly reduce this waste and all but eliminates it from the jobsite.
- Our trusses and panels provide a tight fit contributing to lasting energy efficiency in the structures we build.
- LEED points available with TEAM Panels: Material and Resources (MR) Credit 2.1 and 2.2 Construction Waste Management and Reduction, MR 4.1 and 4.2 Recycled Content and MR 5.1 and 5.2 Regional Materials. Additionally, with Loadmaster Roof Deck, Sustainable Sites Credit 7.2 Heat Island Effect: Roof may be available as well as MR credits 1,2,4,and 5.
- Download Steel Framing Alliance's "STEEL and the ENVIRONMENT -Introduction to Construction and Sustainability" with great information and tables on LEED credits by category.
TEAM Panels assists Hotel Terra achieve LEED Silver in Jackson Hole
Read the article in Eco-Structure "Winter Green-Hotel Terra Brings Eco Chic to Mountains." (Page 26)
TEAM Panels' LEED Certified Projects
Hotel Terra in Jackson Hole, WY click here Hotel Terra.
Valor Christian High School Highlands Ranch, CO click here Valor CHS.
Fort Lewis Barracks Ft. Lewis, WA click here Fort Lewis.